Beginning Band Methods
The Power of the Winds Beginning Band Method Books are organized in a way that all band directors will love. Each musical concept is covered as a "chapter" which allows the students and the teacher to focus on one thing at a time.
Take a closer look - view a sample page from each chapter of each book. Place your order now!
Each of the three books includes the following features:
- The songs are chosen to be playable and enjoyable for beginning band students.
- Books are available for the following instruments: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Snare/Bs, Keyboard/Percussion.
- "Sound before sign" is used to introduce every rhythmic concept making the teacher the model for sounding out rhythms to the student.
- There are reviews at the end of every chapter and a final review section that covers every concept in the book.
- There is a specialized page at the end of every book. Brass have lip slurs, woodwinds have fingering patterns and percussion have sticking patterns.
- The fingering chart is numbered to relate to concert pitch. Note #18 is a B flat concert pitch in every book.